REMEMBEr when

OLD MAIN: Originally called the Main Dormitory, this building was the first dormitory on campus and was thought in its day to be the largest college dormitory in the United States. The first section was built in 1880, with additions in 1901, 1903, 1906, and 1922. Old Main was destroyed by fire on January 22, 1959; bricks salvaged from the fire were used to build the Chapel of Memories.